SBF will be hosting a training day event on Advanced Transcriptomics. Part of our continuing series of workshops delivered from the European Bioinformatics Institute, giving us the chance to receive specialised training on the resources available, directly from EBI experts themselves.
The Microarray Informatics group at the EBI is responsible for management and analysis of transcriptomic data. This workshop will cover topics that will concern transcriptomics data submitters, users and analysts.
Topics included in this workshop:
- Microarray data standards and formats: MIAME/MAGE-TAB
- Ontologies: Experimental Factor Ontology
- ArrayExpress: EMBL-EBI’s MIAME-compliant repository for gene expression data from microarray and transcriptomics experiments. Introduction on how to browse the database content and download the data.
- Gene Expression Atlas, a semantically enriched database of meta-analysis based summary statistics, which serves queries for condition-specific gene expression patterns.
- How to extract meaningful information from microarray data; basic overview of the crucial steps in a typical gene expression data analysis pipeline.
- Tools and methods in Exploratory analysis of microarray data: histograms, density plots, box plots, MA-plot, identify differentially expressed genes, clustering and classification.
- Introduce R/Bioconductor /limma package for transcriptomics data analysis.
Please see attached programme for details.
Since this workshop is heavily subsidised by SBF, we are able to offer the greatly reduced registration fees of £20 regular and £10 student.
Please register via the link below (bottom of page, "book this event"). Fees can be paid by either cheque, credit card or bank transfer. Please make cheques payable to “the RSE Scotland Foundation”, and send to:
Scottish Bioinformatics Forum
Royal Society of Edinburgh
22-26 George Street
**IMPORTANT** - Registration will not be accepted until your payment has been received.
If paying by cheque - please ensure that you send your cheque asap, if your cheque is not received within 10 days you will have to register again.
If paying by bank transfer - please put your ID No. and details of the event in the transfer.